Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pops' 60th

For dad's 60th birthday we made shirts with "Gary-ism" on them. It became a game to think up things that he would say. It was so funny, everyone had on a shirt with something that we hear dad say all the time. We had a "gentle" roast of dad at the end and we made 6 cakes with 10 candles in each one. It was a great party and I think dad had a good time!








Washers and chatin' out side





Red velvet cake, carrot cake, Italian cream cake, Chocolate with chocolate icing, Snickerdoodle, and Strawberry cake! MMMMM!




It takes a lot to blow out 60 candles, dad had the grand kids help him!




Roasting Pops
Laura's was by far the funniest!
Laura talked about a time she was hunting with dad, it was early and she fell asleep to my dad's whispering chatter. When she woke up my dad had painted his entire face with camo.

Uncle bobby told the story of my dad finishing a Folsom
softball game after my mom's water had broke with Stacey.


"we're makin' a memory"
Several people stood up to talk about dad. It was sweet and funny too. I heard some great stories I had never heard before.
Happy 60th dad!

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit