Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shoe Shopping and Derby Hats

\While the Boys are away the girls will... well, shop! Emily and I hit the shoe store to find the perfect heels to go with her recital dress. Neither of us had been in Off Broadway Shoes before. It reminded us a lot of DSW. The Prices were quite a bit higher though. We managed to discover a gorgeous red pair of shoes that will look stunning with her navy dress along with some fun little white sandal heels too. I unfortunately wasn't in the market for new shoes but that doesn't mean I can't try them on. With price as no object when you aren't going to buy anything, I of course found some fabulous shoes that I will never own.
The Derby is only a few weeks away and it seems like every store you go into is selling hats. The selection at Off Broadway Shoes reminded me of Easter hats when I was little so Emily and I tried on a few. Okay more than a few. Pretending I had enough money to purchase box seats at the Derby seemed to be the theme of the day. Here are some of our high society pictures. Keep in mind these classic trends when shopping for your Derby hat.


Lesson 1 when you go shoe shopping, don't wear shoes with socks. I walked around the whole store with one shoe on and one off so I could try out the merchandise.

Wide brims are not only stylish but keep the sun out of your eyes.


Here is a stunning little number on Emily. Peacocks are everywhere. (Did you see some of the Miss USA dresses?) Mom, We were ahead of the curve, again.



Chocolate and Blue, twenties flapper style. I think this one was my favorite. I actually wanted to buy it. Some of you my already know how I love hats but have no place to wear them. If there is a hat in a store, I'm gonna try it on.

How old Hollywood. This hat didn't have a top to it. I needed a fancy up do.

Emily in a stylish purple and lavender sun hat

It seems big hats and feathers are in this year ladies.

Okay big hats are in, but this one is a bit Vegas show girl don't you think? I guess it could be 1920's show girl that is so much more classy. I just need a big ostrich feather fan and a long gown. Yes, I think that sounds more like me.
("Let's go to the movies, Let's go see the stars!"- from the musical Annie)

















No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit