Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike covers Crystal Beach

Ike sure took a toll on Texas. After touching base with everyone on my dad's side of the family,the Hammonds have begun to check out the damage. The beach cabin that my Grandpa built may have been washed away. The bolivar peninsula seems to be non existent now. No one can get down there to check it out. Several of our family members had cabins right on the beach. I remember Dr. Wellum asking if there were any good Texas Beaches, well it seems that the beach where I grew up going to every summer is now gone. We found some aerial pictures of Crystal Beach. It looks like the water washed right over the peninsula into the bay. Take a look. Praise the Lord that David was able to get Aunt Barbara out of harms way. I am glad that everyone in the Port Neches area is okay as well. God protected our family. I pray now that the damage is manageable. I will sure miss crystal beach, it may not have been the prettiest beach in Texas but we had lots of fun there.

Check out these pictures we found on a Houston News site:

http://www.khou.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=282603

1 comment:

Brice and Jeni Land said...

I tagged you. Go see my blog!

 

avandia lawsuit