Saturday, January 2, 2010

ICE 2009

Last year we went to ICE at the Gaylord and it was so much fun. We thought we would go again, while Gigi was in town. The Gieses came with us and then we went out to eat. It was a fun night.

While I added more clothes to Liam the family went ahead in line. As I was strolling him around the corner the worker told me NO STROLLERS! I'll admit I was already sweating from all the extra layers, that new peice of news made me really frazzled. Liam is now a toddler that means that the stroller is my life line. I can no longer just hold him while he is content looking from my arms. He always wants to be walking. I don't have a leash, and in a mob of people all wearing the same thing, with a hood on so I have no perifrial vision it is really hard to keep up with a toddler. Last year we had a stroller, and I thought it worked out well. As a mom I thought not letting strollers was a bad move, if you want your event to be family friendly. So I reluctantly parked my stroller to the side and attempted to squeeze the diaper bag (I couldn't leave because it had my wallet in it) over my fat coated arm. As the line quickly moved I situated myself and got ready for the 9 degree ICE show. whew!


Okay I'm ready!
Liam's ready! Let's take a picture.


The theme this year was How the Grinch stole Christmas. It was very colorful.





Ella, Will and Wes

Liam, Pops and Me

Gigi

Cool Dr. Suess Trees

The Grinch



Wes in the Igloo


Who-ville















Photo- op

Here is the famous part of the movie where the grinch dresses up as santa goes to whoville to steal christmas



The dog is my favorite!

Family picture


Dad and cold little Liam

Look at his little red nose.

All bundled up


Last year we went doen the slide. This year they had 2 curving down one side of the room and 2 on the other side. One of them was a kids slide. a sign said that if you had a child under a certain size you had to go on the kids slide (Again no perifrial vison and a bunch of people we couldn't find the kids slide) We decided to watch the giese go down the slide.

Nicole and I think Ella is coming next to her

Wes and Will

Nicole

Scott

In an Ice hallway





"Ya-hoo Door-ess, Ya-hoo Door-ess Welcome Christmas Welcome here"



Christmas Feast





Pretty Snowflake




My favorite partis the end! They have a huge Ice Nativity

















The end... Whew let's get some heat going!

Out in the Store area after you come out of the exhibit,Liam found a Choo Choo Train to play in.


We went out to the Lobby of the Gaylord and saw all the amazing decoration there too. There were trains everywhere. Liam LOVES trains.



Listen to how many of the adults are making train noises. Haha!



The train went through the christmas tree

In he center of the  hotel was a big revolving Christmas tree with trains on it.



Look daddy!



What a great night!

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit