Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Prepare your heart for Easter!

This Week our Church has given us Scriptures to read every day to help us prepare our hearts for Easter. Our Pastor Gary preached a sermon a few weeks ago where he pointed out that our condition predicts our response. It is so true! The condition of your heart and your spiritual life is going to predict how you respond to life’s ups and downs. If your Passion Week is like every other week, then your Good Friday and Easter Sunday will look a lot like every other day. (Or dare I say every other holiday: Rushing from house to house, egg hunt to egg hunt, fighting traffic, gorging ourselves, and over indulging in bunnies, chicks and chocolate. Not stopping to really think about the greatness of the sacrifice of Christ conditions our heart to predict a response of "So What".
How tragic! In my effort to prevent this from happening in my own heart and in Will and My home this year, we have been reading the scriptures the church has provided for us. I would love to share them with you. I know that it is already Wednesday but you can catch up. Set aside some time to read God's living word.

Monday: Genesis 3:1-21; Isaiah 6:1-7; Luke 2:22-40
Tuesday: Psalm 22:1-31 
Wednesday: Isaiah 52:13-15; Isaiah 53:1-12
Thursday: Matthew 26:1-75
Friday: Matthew 27:1-64
Saturday: Matthew 28:1-20
Sunday: 1 Corinthians 15:1-58; Revelation 22: 1-21 (He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!)

Psalm 22:31 Says, "They shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn."
That is us, our children, and grandchildren! First, I want to be truly thankful. Without Jesus' sacrifice I would be worse than lost. Romans 5:8-9 says, but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. Secondly, I am so glad that someone proclaimed His Righteousness to me. I pray someone has to you. I pray I do, to you. Jesus' death on the cross and most importantly his resurrection was to cover us with His righteousness. It is there for you. Romans 10:9 says, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I pray this Easter is different for you, proclaim his righteousness. Condition your heart's response to worship the Lord this week.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit