Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cowboy's Stadium

Last Thursday Will and I Joined the Students for a tour of Texas Stadium. Or should I say Jerry's World. It was so opulent it was almost ridiculous. If there is a was to make money off of having money, Jerry has put it in there. I forgot my camera so I used Will's new phone. Some of the pictures are blurry because I didn't hold it still enough, but for the most part isn't too bad.

We met them at Poncho's. I haven't eaten there since High School
Raise the flag!
The stadium from the outside

We followed our van over to the stadium
Waiting in line
Up the escalator
Londa our tour guide

The HUGE Screen

Sitting in a suite

Granite counter tops, tiny tile back splash, feux crocodile leather on the walls
One of the random side places to eat has two crystal chandeliers... WHAT?
From the end zone on the top deck... the Dr. Pepper Star Bar

They brought the ring of Honor back

The Cotton Bowl offices they have the bid for the cotton bowl for the next 29 years

Everywhere you looked are expensive textures.
They have a special granite on the floor that is from Canada, called blue pearl. It looks black and then when the light hits it just right is shines bright royal blue. It was really beautiful... but again... What?
This was the counter top to the Dr. Pepper Star Bar. I thought it was cool

This place is so huge

Sara and I at the Star Bar 

We ALL  piled into a huge elevator

We went into the Cowboy Cheerleader's dressing room. Londa said that in the old stadium they all had to share 2 outlets. now they each have their own two outlets as well as mirrors and lockers.

Let me stop here for a brief soap box moment:
You know it is interesting, as I get older my eye rolls get bigger and bigger about the cowboy cheerleaders. I don't know if they were less sexual when I was little or if I didn't notice because they were so beautiful. My first dance teacher Courtney was a cowboy's cheerleader and she could really dance.  I thought they were so cool, now all I notice when I see them on tv is the small outfit and the hair flying everywhere. Now don't get me wrong I am all for hair down in dance, for artistic purposes. (It always bothered me to have it down when  when I was dancing, but I can see how in a modern/contemporary it would be great.) But the hair whipping is a bit excessive with these girls.  I think they have forgotten that young girls really look up to them. I think now it is all about selling tickets. If that is all girls see as professional dancers then they lose the artist expression of dance all together. There is no doubt those girls can dance, but I don't think they show it at all during the games.
Here is my impression...



I prove my point
I like what my mom called it the other day... it's the third pom pom!

Okay moving on...
The locker room
Will with some of the guys in the locker room
Will put on DeMarcus Ware's Uniform
Here he is smelling the pads. He said it smelled used...nice

The helmet pads were taken out so Will looked like a little kid in an adults helmet

Huck and Buck

In the press room

The cowboys are the only team who come out at the 50 Yard line. They go through a bar where fans can cheer them on. The ceiling has a huge flashing star on it.

On the Field we goofed off, took pictures and played football.
Tiffani, HannaKate, Me, Sara, Sara and Lindsay(In front)

Trying to be like Lindsay... I still got it... sort of
The boys played some ball. We joined them when we could convince them to throw us the ball.
The girls were fun they let me join in all the fun pictures.
We had a great time and the best part was that we didn't even have to pay for parking,
like we did when we graduated!!!

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit