Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Winter Wonderland

It started snowing on Friday morning. By 10:00 we were informed that we would close at 1:00. Our kids were gone by 12:00 so we cleaned up and went home. It was fun to have an afternoon with Will. Unfortunately Will had to open on Saturday, which was scary considering the roads were whited out. I ventured outside and took some pictures while I waited for Will to get home. Check it out...
Jeni and I took the kids outside for about 10 minutes. They loved the snow at first but when they came in, they had chili hands. I threw snowballs up against the wall to make a smiley face. It was perfect snow for snowballs, sticky.
This is how thick the snow was before I went home. That was just from about 9:00 to 12:30.
I took some pictures on the way home. This is an undeveloped area next to The Gardner School
and in the morning...
Even our bistro table and chairs were covered. Look at the tomato planter that is hanging (I hate that thing) and the railing.
It snowed all through the night. It must have been really windy because the snow came all the way through the walk which is completely covered. You can't even see where it steps down.
an attempt to walk towards my car
It covered the sidewalk and went all the way to the wall.
While Emily is out of town, getting Barrett settled in, she left her car here. It hasn't moved so, this is an accumulation of all the snow that hit us.
WOW!
Later on Sunday afternoon, the sun came out and began to melt some of the snow. Will and I ventured out. I discovered that there was still plenty of snow out there.
Pretty!
Almost 7 inches on Emily's car
It is hard work getting all that snow off your car. I am glad we didn't wait until Monday morning.
I used to have an ice scraper, but what is the point in buying one now. A CD case works just as well. Here is my car with a "Mohawk" as Will calls it.

When we first opened the car it was so dark in there. I thought this was a neat picture.

There are dirty piles of snow everywhere.

Dirty snow mountains in the Kroger parking lot. There are some that are huge!
This is one of my favorite houses in Louisville. I thought it was pretty with all the snow on it.

When we came home Will and I decided that we should make a snowman before it all melted away. This is Susie

And Sam




Will putting a mouth on Susie

This was our attempt to take a picture with both of us and Sam. It fell over...


SO...




Okay we have had out fun with the snow, now we are ready for the spring!

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit