Monday, December 21, 2009

Decorating contest

Our Apartment complex has a decorating contest every year. Last year Liam was new to the Crum family and I was having a hard time getting everything done. But this year, thanks to my parents for letting us borrow a bunch of stuff, I decided to continue my dad and my tradition of the out door christmas lights. I found some super inexpensive stuff at target at the $1 spot and used some old stuff too. The prize was some money off of rent and since things are a bit tight I decided to try my best with what we had. We could really use the extra discount right now.


I found this tinsel wreath for 2.50 and a pack of 24 bright snow flakes and hung it on the back side of our fireplace.

I made a "Texas" snowman out of an old pillow that was ripped and put a small tree on the front of Liam's car. Snowmen need christmas trees too.

I hung the rest of the brightly colored snowflakes from the roof of our porch.

I went around the doors and windows with the bright lights and lined the front with lit garland

Our candle lantern even had garland. The apartment manager, Alice, had given Liam a little battery operated candle that changed colors, the other day at the Christmas party. I put some "snow" in the lantern with the candle.



The lights are a bit Grizwald family Christmas but I thought it was fun. I had never lined the windows before.

I had an extra wreath in the closet so I made a bright snowflake wreath to match the porch

The front needed something too.

Our competition! The tree plays music and flashes

Liam by the tree, wow how he has grown.

TADA!!!!! Will found this on our door this afternoon...


We WON third place! Not too shabby! What a blessing, we really can use every little bit.

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit