Saturday, December 5, 2009

I don't even like Pumpkin Pie

So, I'll admit I was not in a very thankful mood the night before Thanksgiving. I had spent countless hours on a pumpkin pie that I in my sleep depraved stupor kept messing up. I don't even like pumpkin pie all that much. I had been to Wal-Mart in the thick of Thanksgiving meal shopping with Liam in tow and couldn't find the ingredients that I needed. Then when I returned home, had the pie made and in the oven I discovered that I had bought some of the wrong ingredients... and used them. Through my tears I told Will what a pea brained thing I had done and he cheered me up as he always does. When I was little, my mom had this little decoration that she always put out at fall time. It is a pilgrim mouse riding on a leaf. I always loved it, it just makes me smile! I used to sit and spin it, pretending he was on a ride. Mom and Dad came to visit Will and I in KY last year and she brought it to me. It was a wonderful reminder of home. Anyway, this year when I was not in a very cheerful thankful mood I set up mom's old decoration right in front of the kitchen sink and he made me smile. Then I turned my sights to things I knew how to do. Ahhh, there is nothing better than a beautiful pecan pie chalked full of whole pecans. I was proud of my creation if I do say so myself. Ok, I told Mr. Pilgrim mouse I am ready for Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. Forget the stupid pumpkin pie! (That was until the next morning when I realized I put two times the amount of sugar in it than I was supposed to.) Seriously, where is my head?


Did you know that if you remelt melted butter it will explode?!?!

My pecan pie

Isn't he so cute!

Over at oma and Pops' house they had been creative.

Pops made this pumpkin shaped cheese ball. It was awesome and yummy too!

Liam wanted to help cook. He found a pot holder and wanted to get the turkey out of the oven.
"What are we waiting for... Let's eat!"





Mom's beautiful table



The kids had made these bags to put candles in

Mom has the perfect everyday plates for thanksgiving

Wes and Liam we quite the pair, Wes was reading to Liam and holding his hand to take him places.
Sweet cousin!

Wes and Ella after the scavenger hunt!

Mom had these great cups that said it is more fun at the kids table. Isn't that always so true!

Thanksgiving is always a super busy day. After we ate at Oma and Pops' we headed to YiaYia and Kiwi's
Liam did get one tiny nap in there somewhere,


At Yia Yia and Kiwi's Kiwi had found a Cars work bench just Liam's size. Kiwi is building his own hot rod. So Liam wanted to be just like him. He put on the goggles and got straight to work.



A smidge big



After my rough begining to the holidays I must say that Thanksgiving was wonderful. We even were able to schedule a time to have dinner with Poppie and Maurney and Moi and Granddaddy that same weekend. It was such a blessing to see the family and feast with them all.
Thank you Lord for your provisions and blessings!
and even that silly pumpkin pie!

1 comment:

Brice and Jeni Land said...

Haha I see why you like that pilgrim mouse! He just makes you want to smile. Sorry about your pie mishap, but your pecan pie was BEAUTIFUL!

 

avandia lawsuit