Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Is BP a bad word?

Is BP a bad word? In Florida is sure is! I snapped this picture one day as we passed the BP gas station. Cherp Cherp Cherp... not a soul was there. The rhetoric surrounding the company BP in Destin, Florida was, well, let's just say less than friendly. The majority of the people there depend on the ocean for their lively hood. While I am positive that some horrible choices were made by some big wigs that cost not only billions of dollars to the economy, unfathomable damage to the Lord's beautiful creation and worst of all precious human lives, I can't help but think that is wasn't the owner of this stations fault. Will made a good point as we past. It may not even be BP's oil in that pump, it all depends on who delivers that day. So some poor station owner is getting ignored while we could be buying up all of BP's product over at Shell.  While in Florida the severity of the situation was evident. Every time I think about it, I feel so sad. Every time I think about it I realize the only thing I can do about it is pray!


 Lord, Give us wisdom  and ingenuity to fix our mistakes, and grace where we have failed in the stewardship of the blessings you have entrusted to us.  Take care of the families of those who lost loved ones, the families of those losing jobs and business. Protect your creation from our recklessness, Lord.
Thank you for giving us breath, each day to enjoy you! You are worthy of praise in all situations! Amen

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit