Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sew Cute!

I was browsing through "Mommy Lobby" (My mom's fabrics)
When I saw this precious Red, White and Blue fabric, mom and I thought that this would be a cute fourth of July outfit. With mom's help I busted out my sewing machine and made Liam this romper. She had to remind me of how to do everything, but it was fun, and a little nerve racking. Here is how it turned out.

Mom monogrammed his ininitials


Liam played well in it. I discovered the next Sunday that it looks better and stays on his shoulders better with a polo under it. But it was perfect for this hot, hot day!

After I finished the romper, I got a little braver. I wanted to make little Ellie Land, Who just turned one, a little dress. I found this cute fabric also at Mommy Lobby, but you can find it at JoAnns too. In Florida I saw these dresses called Pillowcase dresses. My mom sent me a Link to A blog called freshly picked. (It is now on my blog links) It told me how to make it.
Ta Da!
The neck and shoulders are ribbons

I Love mom's Embroidery machine!

Now that I have done a few things I hope to keep it up. We went out and found some more fabric for another romper. Red striped sear sucker.
Sew cute!

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit