Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Cavanaugh Flight Museum

So we have lived in Addison for a long time off and on and I am ashamed to say we are just now making it to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. This past Saturday we had a family day and went out to see the airplanes. Liam loves airplanes now so he had fun looking at everything.( I had so many pictures I couldn't put them on the blog so if any of you pilots or plane enthusiasts want to see them leave a comment with your email and I can send them to you on snapfish.)
take a look at our fun day...

This is the first flight simulator 
Will was wowed by this old radial engine

A-26C invader
Liam smiling in front of the Red Barron's Plane
Will checking out the info on this one
When we went into the second hanger they were taking out the T-6 Texan for a spin. We got to watch. It was neat to be so close.

De Havilland CV-2B Caribou
this guy was HUGE!
The B-24 Liberator
There were some former WWII aviators there, they let us go inside and look around.
Liam wasn't so sure about it but he did okay with Daddy.

Will chatting with one of the Veterans


Daddy is all smiles but Liam is a bit more serious

Gunner Liam

In the cabin of the plane
Will and Liam in the bomb bay

In the cockpit Liam's straight face broke long enough to take a peek out the top window.
On the way out Liam gave me a "cheese"

So, this amazed me...
This little hook...

Stops this HUGE plane from running off into the ocean!

Bell Helicopter OH-13D Sioux
I think Liam's favorites were the helicopters. I said that this one reminded me of M*A*S*H one of the men told me that the registration number on this helicopter is the same as the number on the M*A*S*H helicopter: N4077  It is like a vanity plate.



Will Showing Liam the Grumman F9F-2B Panther

Will showed me how a jet engine works

CASA 2111E/Heinkel He-111
I thought the Blue for camo was so neat. Then I walked around the huge plane and realized it was a Nazi plane.


BOOOOOOOOOOO!
Okay, children of the 80's join with me.

Maverick: Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

This is a Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-21US

That's right you know you want to say it...

"I'll hit the brakes, he'll fly right by."
The Jet engine is in the front
It goes all the way through to the back

Sweet

We went back to get a family pic in front of the BIG GUY!
I love the flags on the front. Festive for this Memorial day weekend.




It was great! If you live in the DFW area, you should go.
I learned a lot and I know my boys had a great time too.

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit