Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ask God, Boom Boom Come?

Yesterday, Liam and I were about to go run to the store when I heard rain out side. Heavy rain. The sun was shining and the rain was pouring sown hard. I love sunshine rain, it is so happy. I opened the blinds all the way for Liam to see and showed him how the sky was blue. His response was "Boom boom come?"(That is what he calls thunder) I said it probably wouldn't because I didn't see any thunderheads, but that only God could make the boom boom come. I told him that we could talk to God any time we wanted by praying. I let him know he could pray and ask God for the Boom boom to come. 

I was packing up our stuff so I walked out of the room for a few seconds. When I came back in, Liam had his hands folded and he was saying "Boom Boom come?"  It took me by surprise a little bit seeing him pray by himself. It was one of the sweet little daily blessings of parenting. 

Next he wanted to include me, "Mommy ask God, boom boom come?" So I stopped and prayed with him. 
Then I was really praying for boom boom to come, seeing how much he wanted it,
and knowing the chances were slim. 

We left to run our errands, and low and behold when we came out of the store and were walking to the car, she sky was dark grey. There were huge flashes of Lighting and a loud low grumble. "Boom Boom!" 

"God heard your prayer, Liam! Did you hear the boom boom?"
Liam's face brightened as he listened to the thunder.
After that he kept repeating "Ask God, boom boom come! Ask God boom boom come!"
It just made me smile.

Praise our heavenly father for revealing his greatness to a 23 month old. What a wonderful opportunity for me to explain to Liam that God hears our prayers. We can talk to him about anything, and he hears us. The answer may not always be yes, but what a comfort and peace we should have knowing that our Lord Jesus hears us when we pray!

No comments:

 

avandia lawsuit